Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Could Remember My Pains No More

Before I do any talking take a good look at these pictures




Let's hold off on the girls' progress for a moment and look at that smile on Heidi's face.

It's been many months since I've seen her smile like that.  The strain of this pregnancy and the risks have weighed heavily on her, us, and they are far from over but the camera has immortalized this beautiful joyful moment.

It's amazing to me how she could put away everything going on and live in that moment.  I can't do that.

On top of everything else she is simply stunning . . . unspeakably gorgeous.  I don't know that I've ever seen her look more beautiful than two and a half weeks after an emergency c-section.


This is the Kangaroo Care I spoke of earlier.  They took Lillian and basically stuffed her down Heidi's shirt so they had skin on skin contact.  Lillian settled right in and relaxed.  It's hard to see much of Lillian here because they have four blankets, two of which were heated, to make sure her body temperature stayed up.

Lillian is doing well in general, they are talking of moving her off of the CPAP and on to just the nasal cannula.

Evalyn may be getting extubated tomorrow.  She would then go on to the CPAP like Lillian.  She is increasing her feedings as well.

Honestly I don't have much more to say tonight, just look at those pictures.

6 comments:

  1. Rooing... It's just the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pictures-so great to see Heidi having this much needed time with your daughter. What a moment to treasure. So very happy for your family. Love you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed right off the bat... that is a smile we haven't seen on Heidi's face for weeks!! I'm so glad it's back! What a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! This was an unforgettable moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if that doesn't bring tears to someone's eyes... aw crap - I can't see through my tears to type any more! Of course she is GORGEOUS!!! Love the smile and as always, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say or questions to ask? We love to hear from our friends and will try to answer questions in a timely manner.