Sunday, June 10, 2012

Evalyn and Lillian Updates: Now With More Hiccups (and video)


After my first attempt to hold Lillian was cut short by her recalcitrance Heidi had recommended waxing my chest in order to make it more comfortable for her.  All the nurses backed her up, not out of any real concern for the babies comfort mind you, they just really liked the idea of my suffering. . . I bring out the best in people.

Round two with Lillian had a lot riding on a successful outing.  Lillian pulled through and made her dad proud, and let me keep the hair on my chest.

No I'm not going all Magnum P.I.  that's just how Kangaroo Care works

The B&W makes it more endearing right?


Heidi was able to hold Evalyn at the same time thanks to a friend who put her physical and mental health at risk to come and watch our boys while we went to the hospital.

Lillian is going to grow into all that skin


Heidi and I kangarooing, check out the deluxe accommodations


Heidi spent more time with Lillian today and was able to get in some practice nursing.  She did very well, but it will be quite some time before she can get that done for real.

Both Evalyn and Lillian have been able to increase their caloric intake and we hope to see them put on weight at an accelerated rate.  Their skin is looking more opaque already.

The nurses keep telling us how active the girls are.  They will pick up their heads to switch sides, just about crawl out of their beds and are always yanking on their various hoses.  On top of all her moving Evalyn has adopted a unique sleeping style.

Face plant sleep style
The face plant works for now with her oxygen, but we figure she'll have to find new ways to sleep comfortably once she's off the oxygen entirely.

We are getting to hear both of the girls more.  Lillian cooed a bit yesterday and I finally heard Evalyn cry today.  I also got to hear another sound





Either my girl swallowed a duck or she's got a serious case of the hiccups.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable...Hiccups have never sounded so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos & the video - You all look great! I thought we were going to hear another sound on the video. The one Eli just made and then I had to interrupt my comment with the changing of a very fragrant diaper. Baby farts - cute but stinky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you can find the humor through all this. So cute. I'm so glad you both get to hold your babies. That has got to be one of the best feelings in this world.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say or questions to ask? We love to hear from our friends and will try to answer questions in a timely manner.