Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Total Health Index* (*Title is misleading, seriously)

July 3, 2013

Work has been going crazy for me lately making it hard to keep the blog up to date.  2013 planning and new senior management at VW make for lots of arm waving and fire drills.  But I don't suppose you folks are interested in that.

I am still afflicted with a persistent cough that is keeping me out of the NICU so I am reporting what is relayed to me by Heidi.  Consequently I cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies in my report.  Even if I get what she told me wrong, I'm going to blame it on poor communication.  That's right, I've got Heidi next to the curb with my hands in her back just waiting to push her under the next passing bus. . . Chivalry.

Here's the big news the girls are both over 3 pounds now.  Evalyn, the big sister is weighing in at a portly 3lbs. 7oz.  Lillian is a svelte 3lbs. 1oz.  Really we'd like Lillian to put on more weight.  Interestingly though Lillian's lungs are doing better than Evalyn's, so I suppose when you weigh both of these measures their Total Health Indexes (something I totally made up right now) are roughly equivalent.  Sounds good right?  I thought so.


Our friends from church and school continue to step up and help out with my three sons allowing Heidi to spend a lot of time at the hospital with the girls.  I cannot overstate just how big a deal this is for us.  I don't know how we'd manage to spend time with the girls without this help.

As awesome a writer as I am, I'll let you get on to the real reason people check out the blog; pictures of Evalyn and Lillian.



Evalyn, Lillian and Mom getting some snuggle time

Holding hands

Holding hands up close and artsy

Evalyn lives the contemplative life, Aristotle would be proud


Lillian's arm is actually looking a bit cubby


Look how far she's come; this was taken a couple of weeks after birth

Enjoy your 4th of July.

1 comment:

Have something to say or questions to ask? We love to hear from our friends and will try to answer questions in a timely manner.